Sermon Outlines and Briefs
I will be adding sermon outlines with a brief homily as time allows. These sermons will be from our Sunday morning service but unfortunately I won't be able to copy them word for word. I hope to get a digital media recording device in the near future so I will be able to upload audio sermons. Keep checking back!
- Becoming a new person in Christ
- 2 Cor. 5:17
Why is a person the way they are?
A. The most significant reason is our inherent sinful nature. If we allow our sinful nature to have control over our lives, our lives will not be pleasing unto God.
B. What we do in our life tells people more about us than anything we could say.
A. The lifestyle we lead directly affects our daily walk with Christ. To have Christ in you is to lead a Christlike life.
B. A good homelife brings about goodness from us. The Scripture says to train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
C. Make Jesus the Lord of your life and of your home. Serve him in all ways.
Society has by and far departed from and rejected Biblical truths and principles. This moral decay has always been going on since the fall of man. Being constantly exposed to this world and difficult times and pressures can bring about the developement of bad attitudes.
Victor Franco was a Nazi prisoner that had everything taken from him, but he purposed in his heart that he would not allow them to take away his right to choose. And he chose not to hate. This is the way we should look at bad experiences at the hands of man. Not to turn sour but to look to Christ.
Our best influence and the best choice we can make is a personal relationship with Christ.
- What it means to be a new person in Christ.
- You are not perfect. You won't always meet your expectations of yourself or the expectations of others. Paul stated that he also had not yet reached the goal of Christlikeness. People need room to fail, some of the best lessons in life are learned through failure.
- We hold a new position before God. God views us as justified (the term "in Christ" is used over 130 times to describe Christians). Just as husband and wife are one, so are you one with Christ. Christ is a covering for all of your sins. It is as if you were the one hung on the cross, your sins are paid for.
- We are born of the spirit of God. The book of Romans says we are alive (quickened) from the dead. If we don't have the Son we don't have life.
- You have the potential to become what God wants you to be. God will equip you with the tools to do his work.
If you don't have a personal relationship with Christ you can have it right now, this instant. Pray the following prayer from your heart: Lord, I know that I am a sinner, I know that sin must be paid for. Lord I accept Jesus into my life and know that he died in my place and was raised from the dead for my justification. I do now receive him and confess him as my personal savior.
If you have just prayed this prayer I urge you to join a local church and be baptized in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit and live your life for Christ.
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. Rom. 10:9